Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Looking back

I suppose I should post something to celebrate/reflect on the passing of another year.

Here is a family picture of an Indian named Samuel Little Crow, taken about 1925. He is holding my fathers sister. Taken on an reservation near Chamberlain, So. Dak. My father tells of this man visiting his father frequently and relates stories of the hardscrabble life they led in those days growing up.

 To me this picture emphasizes the relentless passage of time. The old is inexorably swept away as the world of humans evolves at a faster and faster pace.



May the new year be prosperous and happy for everyone.
gh

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated as it will give me a chance to adjust my content to any real people who may be out there. Thank you. gh