Sunday, January 20, 2013

Inflation adjusted stock returns

I ran into this over at Business Insider.

A long term chart comparing the big bear markets.

The real story for todays markets is the loss of value in the indexes over the last 12 years. Your retirement account may look big, but it ain't gonna buy you as much has it did in the past.
And the story around the world is for continued central bank devaluation of currencies as every nation trys to be the exporter of choice.

See the remarks on the US Fed/ janet yellen over on B.I. also for an indication of the dollar weakness on the horizon.

Here is the big bear charts. The notations in red are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated as it will give me a chance to adjust my content to any real people who may be out there. Thank you. gh