Thursday, February 23, 2012

The light bulb goes on??

I've been watching TATA motors since December when it broke out of a small formation with a powerful move higher. I didn't look for any fundamental reasons but I've been wondering if there were. This afternoon CNBC tells of President Obama making a commitment to expore natural gas passenger vehicles. The light goes off in my head. I google "does tata motors make natural gas vehicles". Here is the link:
http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/blog/index.php/2012/01/22/tata-motors-makes-natural-gas-commitment/
Do you suppose that is the reason? Will TTM get to import their very inexpensive cars? Natural gas. Another reason for nat gas prices to bottom.... Here is that impressive Tata chart.

A story: In late '08 or early '09 I was trying to bottom pick in Tata. I bought a whole bunch at about $4. Then the stock went to $3.50 and I let it go with a big loss for me. I didn't look at it again for sometime. I suggest you look at a long term chart. It was an impressive move up after that $3.50 bottom! Of course alot of things went up in '09, and I more than made up for that particular stock. But the lesson is to avoid the bottom picking large losses so you will be there to catch the move up. It is all in the timing. If the timing ain't right get the heck out until it is!
gh

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated as it will give me a chance to adjust my content to any real people who may be out there. Thank you. gh