Thursday, April 24, 2014

Keep An Eye on Ukraine

The Ukrainian situation seems to keep escalating despite the appeasements of the European and American leaders. I work with a woman from Kiev. She has been increasingly upset about the situation in her homeland. Two days ago she told me that "they will fight". Referring to her Ukrainian compatriots who believe in a modern and western country. She told me "they are buying guns".
The Ukrainians are preparing for war. She went on to say that the "Baltics will be next". A reference to Putin's ambitions.
Some time ago, another person I know, who came from Russia recently told me in no uncertain terms that "he is evil". Referring to Putin.

Today the action in the stock indexes seems to indicate the prospect of war. Gold and Silver up sharply. Energy remains strong. And heavy selling at the open on most other things.

Control Risk,
gh

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated as it will give me a chance to adjust my content to any real people who may be out there. Thank you. gh